Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Final Countdown...

Da-da-da-duuuuuh, duh-duh-du-du-duuuuuh!
As discussed previously, the Paper chain is the countdown method of choice in the Walter Household.
Used to countdown major events and milestones. And if getting off my butt, (or left side to be more precise) to join civilization isn't a milestone I just don't know what is. Ahh, to feel the wind on my face and pavement under my feet again...richness.
As is, we have 6 links left in the paper chain placed by my afternoon perch.
6 links left and it's "Look out world the Barley and I are back and taking no prisoners!"
Kent and I have had the feeling that as soon as I am off these muscle relaxers, and we give my uterus permission, it's going to spaz out as it's been aching to (and ache it does) and presto we got baby!
So if you look at it that way, it really is The Final Countdown!
Peace and quiet...final countdown. Night time is for sleeping...final countdown. A time where I have to sqwunch up my face to remember what spit up smells like...final countdown.
But also it's having a little homemade person, who is totally and completely brand new to the world to teach you new depths of love and sacrifice. You don't see a lot of things on earth that no one else has for the first time. And I have a little paper chain to countdown to one!

P.s. If she doesn't come by next Friday we are going to IKEA. I can't of anything more labor inducing than walking 5 miles of Swedish warehouse looking at sales!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hm, I thought you said nighttime is for sleeping now. But you posted this at 3:30 am? Hehehe. Hope you're getting good practice in. I am thinking about you all the time :)

Kirsten said...

Tee-hee, yeah...I got up to take my meds at 2:30 and was wide awake the rest of the night. Very good practice indeed!

Anonymous said...

Skirst,

I had a hearty Vegetable Barley Soup for lunch today and it made me think of you and Greta. :) It was also yummy. I can't believe you're in the final countdown!!! HOORAH:) I love you, you know.

-Juice

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Barley should have an advents clockendar? :)

NuclearToast said...

My first visit, and I am anxiously awaiting news of your single-malt barley's arrival. I'm so excited for you both!

Also... you love toast. YEAH TOAST!