Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bed Rest(less)

I am currently writing to you "off the hip". I mean that most literally, as I am on bed rest where I am ordered to lay on my side and only my side. (Minus those glorious minutes I get to shuffle to the bathroom or sit up to eat.)
You would be amazed at how little there is to do while laying on ones side. When I first heard the news bed rest I had hopes of finishing our wedding album, working on some branding for my new up and coming business venture with Meg, sketching, listing...etc. But alas I have found that all of these are for those lucky stiffs who can lounge on the couch on their back.
As is, I am growing intensely uncomfortable writing over my shoulder and will make this post short.
We had another Dr.s visit yesterday and they recommended I stay on my Terbutaline (muscle relaxer) and bed rest for another 11 days. Blech. It is doing a good job so far and I have had half the contractions I started the week out with. So that is good for the Barley, and if they keep on working she will have a chance to get a little bigger and avoid some complications.
For that reason, I am happy to do it.... but let us be honest with one another...this sucks.
I am getting stir crazy, and what I wouldn't do for some exercise!
So if anyone has any fun sideways activities they know of...let me know! I am open to mixing up my routine of movie watching and contraction counting.
Well, my faithful nurse "mom" is bringing out lunch so I had better goooo! But really, I'm not going anywhere...I will be just here for 11 more days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are such a beautiful trooper!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Meg. You're awesome! I'll keep you posted on the sideways activities if I can think of any:)

-Juice

Unknown said...

A great sideways activity: Read "Sideways Stories From Wayside School." Remember that oldy/goody? http://www.amazon.com/Sideways-Stories-Wayside-School-Sachar/dp/0380731487
~joy

Jeremy said...

So good to see you last night. You are, in fact, quite literally on your side. Argh. I didn't really believe it until we walked in and found you shrowded in blankets and mumbling about some tiny grain! ;)

Hang in there!