Thursday, November 13, 2008

Big day for the Barley!

So yesterday was a big day for the Barley!
Firstly, she is now enjoying a new corner office with a view of my pelvic floor. Yesterday she by all signs "engaged" or "lightened" as they say in the books, or as I would say "dropped like a ton of bricks."
Which is super exciting considering this means she is doing her thing to get ready to go-go-go, and I have more room to breathe, eat, and otherwise enjoy a little more of life's upper abdominal comforts. However it does come at the price of lost lower ones. Her little head is nicely nestled on what sometimes feels like knives, an anvil, and my bladder in between.
Goooo Barley!
Also yesterday I had a monster headache and nausea which was my cue to visit the hospital which was the hospitals cue to check my blood pressure, whose impressive new highs cued the Dr to label my pregnancy "hypertension", which was the cue to steal my blood and pee, and give me drugs I don't want to take.
So, now I am officially an old man and am on blood pressure medicine and monitor my bp 4 times a day with my new handy and so dandy at home cuff. (batteries not included).
The new medicine makes me feel all floopy and light-headed, and I distrust it. (I think any mom would distrust a medicine that clearly states not to take it if you are pregnant or going to be pregnant...and boy if I'm not anything but pregnant.)
However they say it is better for the Barley than the alternative. Lets just hope the poor Barley does not feel as silly as I do. So far I haven't heard any drunken songs echoing from my uterus...but I feel one coming on so I had better sign off.
....They caaaall her the irish roooooover!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and the Barley...both Irish Rrrrrrrrogues! :) This is SO exciting! I can't believe how close you're getting to holding sweet Greta in your arms and not having high BP anymore! Yippeeee!!! That's a bummer about the meds you have to take. I know I hate taking medication that makes me feel woozy, but you're a trooper for taking the meds to keep the wee one safe:) I miss you Skirst! I am so happy when you write new blogs. I love hearing about the whole adventure! Ahh, I wish I was there!

Anonymous said...

I am at work and I am bored. Since I can't use facebook at work or call you on my cell phone I am just going to leave another comment. Earlier this week I was thinking about Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and I kept saying:

"It's Armaggedon for Hawaii!"

and

"screw you Hawaii."

And it made me laugh and think of you and Kent and then I was happy. The End.

-Juice