Wednesday, November 5, 2008

33 week checkup!

So we had our last ultrasound yesterday! The next time we get to look at The Barley she will be a little more 3D...with surround sound! It is getting more and more difficult to see what's what in the ultrasound as she gets bigger, so unfortunately there will be no picture for this post. The one we got was barely recognizable seeing as the poor girl is stuffed so tight, like a ham in a pickle jar.
However we did see what amounted to blinking and mouth moving. Also, she was sucking on her foot, which I think shows remarkable skill.
The reason for an ultrasound this late in the game was to check up on her kidneys which were growing at 2 different rates last visit. This time they noticed that they were the same size, just one was holding more fluid than the other. Thankfully, this is not a dangerous or worrisome complication, as her fluid levels and everything else look normal. So praise God for that!
Greta is right on track to be a Christmas Eve baby, they bumped her due date back to the 24th!
She currently weighs 4lbs and 7 oz and that puts her smack dab in the 64th percentile for weight. The midwife predicts she will be around 7lbs when D-Day arrives. A nice little bundle if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I can't wait to see her sweet little 7 lb. face! (well, her FACE won't weigh 7 pounds. Yikes...that would be scary, you understand.) Oh Skirst, I am just so excited that you're going to be a mom. I can barely contain myself. I so wish that I could be there during all of this. BOO for the East Coast! Ok, bye.

-Juice

Anonymous said...

That is so incredibly awesome!!! I really can't believe that it's that close!