Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hi there, Barley here...

Mom can't blog at the moment since all of her insides currently want to be on her outsides, and she is laid up on a bed of pain resting. So I thought I would take this chance to exercise my burgeoning talents for all of you and write my first blog post. (By the way, blog is a silly word it sounds like something that should come out of my nose.)
This week has been full of firsts for me. I had my first taste of real food, and appropriately, it was barley cereal (the parents had a chuckle over that one.)
I have been rolling over to AND fro, as well as displaying scooting power. This is a darling picture dad caught of me mid-scoot.

I was just scooting off that pillow on my way to Marseilles. (I hear the weather is particularly fine this time of year, and have no known cases of that swine flu everyone is talking about.)
However, I was rerouted last minute by my dad who assumed I was just being cute. I have since changed my mind on the whole matter... None of my shoes fit and I am not going to go galavanting around Europe like a shoeless vagabond.
Besides, things are nice here! Dad vroom-screeches me around the house as if I were a truck and tosses me in the air (the weightlessness of the experience thrills me to my toes!) AND he makes bagels on the weekend.
And mom, well, she's just too cute.
Oh, and speaking of cute, I was sooo cute the other day. I was in the middle of one of my rolling over exercises and got sleepy (I think I was up too late that night querying about something or other) and I just fell asleep right on my side mid roll! Can you believe it? Mom got a picture. She thought it was just the sweetest... but then again she thinks that about everything I do:)

Well, I think I had better go I have a rumbly in my tumbly and that must mean it's 6:00 and I get delicious dinner milks.
I hope the warmth of love and friendship rests upon the houses of you and yours.
-The Barley

p.s. Today I turn 19 weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! The rolling-over and falling asleep mid turn is my favorite:) What a sweet precious little girl. I love her!

-Juice

Anonymous said...

Our Greta Girl is growing up too fast. She's eating, talking, moving...I hope she's not bored by the age of one! I love how her tummy hangs over her pants. Wow, the Barely is eating barely! How does she like it?

Mom

NuclearToast said...

Greta is eating barley cereal. That certainly qualifies as cannibalism.

Hello Grey Day said...

She actually doesn't really know what to do with it. The cereal just kind of sits in her mouth until it eventually filters down her throat.