Monday, May 11, 2009

25 going on 50

Whew, what a week! It has been a non stop party here since last Thursday. I turned 25 last week and we heralded in this important sounding number with a costume party and all kinds of fanfare! As we were planning my party (which I don't usually like to do, parties have so much pressure on them to be fun and I don't like "planned fun".) I thought about what kind of party I had always wanted to go to? And voila! A classic cinema costume party it MUST be! Everyone was to come as their favorite old movie character and we would party like it's 1949!
So Kent ordered food from my favorite restaurant (Purple), we got all gussied up and then to put the cherry on top Kent flew up Dianer (one of my favorite people) from California for the occasion.
Fun and games ensued...

Kent came as Prof. Henry Higgins (his all time fav). He manned the bar, put the twists where twists were needed and gave the room a scholarly air.
I came as Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. I drank bubbly, was bubbly, and lent over all birthday purpose to the event.

Doris Day, Audrey Hepburn, and Princess Grace

An old fashioned sing along! Just like in the movies...a lifelong dream.
We also had a Sherlock, a Baroness Von Schraeder, a Katherine Hepburn, a Dorothy and Scarecrow duo (complete with munchkin 4 month old), a Desi Arnaz, Mary Poppins, Dude in a suit, and sailor from South Pacific.
Oh and who could forget the Barley as James dean!She was our little rebel without a cause. We even put a little ciggy behind her ear (candy of course).
It was a wonderful night. My dad came to run the baby check upstairs so all the parents could enjoy the night foot loose and fancy free.
The best part of it all was that everyone who came had fun with the theme, played my favorite silly games, and got a little lost in yesteryear...because really, haven't you at least one time or another wanted to live in an old movie?
Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

NuclearToast said...

Awesome! Looks like you had a great birthday party. Sorry I couldn't make it.