Saturday, March 28, 2009

Roar.

This week's pictures are brought to you by Greta the bear!
Ours is and always will be the kid masquerading as an animal. The last 2 weeks she was a bunny, this week she is a bear, and the future is wide open to a new whim.
We are also sure that when she has all of her proper faculties about her she will be allowed to dress herself. This means that in a large crowd of kids you will be able to peg Greta as the one wearing a skirt on her head and 3 pairs of shoes.
To go along with her appearance Greta has adopted a bear sized appetite. She just guzzled 6 oz in 5 minutes, and has an appetite for 8 oz most of the time!
Granted this doesn't mean much to most people who live in the real world or have been out of baby land for a while. But it has been a hefty change around here, and it all kinds of fun to see her eating and growing so well.
I am relieved at any rate that I am better at growing children than I am at plants. For as much as I love flowers and herbs you wouldn't know it by their dried up carcasses and week long life span. I am in the process right now of killing a lovely orchid that makes our piano look very distinguished.
Now, if my flowers were as darling as my Greta, I don't think we would be having this problem at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!!! Cutest Bear EVER. I just want to give her a big bear hug! Seriously, I just love her to pieces and I've never even met her. It's cool that you will let her dress herself...I'm just wondering where three pairs of shoes would find themselves? One on her feet of course, perhaps one pair on her hands...and maybe another with laces tied together worn as a necklace? Hmmm....?

-Juice(and Mini-Juice....WEEEE!)

Sarah O. said...

she is so cute Kirsten!!! :) Can't wait to see her again, hopefully sooner then later :)

Anonymous said...

So...I just realized I can post comments!!! Yeah!

She looks like the happiest baby ever...not suprising considering who she comes from!

And I have to say I love the colors of that masterpiece behind her! How does one obtain a Kirsten original? Seriously.

-Dianer :o)

Hello Grey Day said...

All one has to do is pay the piper!
(That's me.)

Meghan M. said...

Oh my! Cutest picture of a bear ever! I love you both millions.