Monday, October 6, 2008

28 Week Check-up

Greetings from my big comfy chair!
This morning we had our monthly check-up and things are looking well for our little Greta. She was measured at 26 weeks (normal) and her heart rate is 150 (normal).
I on the other hand I have high blood pressure (un-normal) for me at least. The last 2 months I have been in the 140's over mid 70's. A far cry from the so low I could be dead rates I'm used to.
This on top of the fact that I weighed in 9lbs heavier than last month for the second month in a row have us all raising eyebrows and making me feel like a fatty-fatty-2x4-can't fit through the kitchen door.
Now, let me pause here for those out there who might misunderstand this and take it as an unhealthy mind set. I'm not saying I am fat, I know there is a difference from being pregnant and being obese. I'm just saying there are days in every pregos 9 months where regardless of anything else you just feel like Large Marge Big as a Barge...and today as I breathlessly shuffled myself from the hospital freshly banned by my midwife from drinking cran-blueberry juice (too many calories)...was one of those days.
At any rate, Ive been ordered to go in next week for another check up instead of my monthly, so as to keep tabs on my all too impressive blood pressure.
Also I am cutting out my most dearly loved sweets, and per Drs orders choosing "low fat" dairy (blech). Well, no one ever said pregnancy was going to be easy:) but I am happy to do anything to keep this bun a cookin nice and healthy like!

P.s. I had my glucose test today for gestational diabetes. Naaaaasty it's like drinking a jug of unfrozen orange otter pops. You know something is going to be disgusting if they make you sign a waver first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Skirst...you're not large as a barge. I bet you are "skinny minnie thin as a pin-ny" with a little extra Greta in the tummy. :)

Bummer about the blood pressure though. You take her easy, she's my lady...mmm-k? I know the doc said to lay off the sweets but if you have an occasional treat may I recommend PUMPKIN icecream. AHHH! So good. Seriously, heaven in your mouth.

I miss you. Oodles.

-Juice

Anonymous said...

When I am pining for sweets that I should not have, I try to trick myself with grapes. I keep them refrigerated and eat them in secret, like I'm sneaking chocolates.

It usually doesn't work. But it's still fun to pretend.

Also, I do not think of barges when I look at you. Instead I am reminded of pictures of my mom when she was pregnant. I'm told the doctor compared her to "an olive on a toothpick."
:) Sarah