Friday, August 1, 2008

Look what I found!


What you are looking at is the 20 week mark! Half way, ladies and gentleman!...gestationally speaking.
People have been clamoring for the "belly photo." Mostly, I think, so they can tell me how large I look. I am starting to learn, however, that during pregnancy this is usually intended as a compliment. Nonetheless, it is a compliment that takes getting used to. "Yes, thank you ma'am, no I am just 20 weeks......yes I am large for my fetus's age."
However, I am pleased to announce that along with being given the gift of pregnancy, which is the most fun I have ever had being uncomfortable, I have also been given a rare and once in a lifetime opportunity! To see the bottom of my bellybutton! I have a smallish sort of button the bottom of which has never before been documented... until now! it is growing more shallow by the hour, and its progress fascinates me!
It is a visible countdown much like those turkey timers that go POP when it's done cooking. Keep roasting, little Barley!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are LOVELY, not large. I think pregnancy is beautiful and I love you! You're going to have the most precious, healthy, sweet-chubby-cheeked baby in the whole wide world and I can't wait to meet the little babe. Congrats on finding your belly button.

-Juice