Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kickin' Around


Kent and I have found out, much to our glee, that the Barley likes music! We were listening to Viva la Vida last week and the Barley went wild for it. Kicked me right in the gut as if to say "Mom! Don't touch that!....I'm pondering death and all his friends." It was such a swift kick I could see it out of the corner of my eye. Promptly this led to "I wanna see I wanna see" from Kent who at that point hadn't seen or felt the Barley move yet. They had been playing a game of hide and seek for a couple weeks and Barley was the one in the kitchen cupboard refusing to come out full knowing that it had hit upon the world's best hiding spot and to leave now would be to forfeit glory in what would be called the greatest round of hide and seek the sentient world has ever known, and become fodder for the BBC and children's songs alike.
But, a little bit of food, some good music and the Barley can be coaxed... Hoof! We have been enjoying an active and lively little Barley all week.
Like mother like Barley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE! I am so glad the Barley loves music and kicking:) I wish I could feel the Barley kick! Dang...it's so incredible that you have a baby inside of you. I miss you and the Barley!