Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween at Home with the Walters

I love Halloween, I get excited about Nov. 1st for next Halloween.
Mostly I love a holiday where everyone dresses up and eats candy! It's tricky business though, this waiting all year, crafting and fine tuning your costume, and setting out your bowl of candy with high hopes. Because you will often find that you work on your costume more than you wear it, (and in our case this year) get two trick or treaters and a lot of left over candy.
But I will do it all over again next year.
This year we solidified nerd status with home-made Star Wars costumes. (All except little Yoda, time was running short and that ewok costume wasn't going to make itself...so we bought Yoda.)
I have always wanted to be a Princess Leia and wear those iconic buns! So I got the whole family to go along with me. I think Kent made a very convincing Han Solo.
And Greta was impossibly cute.
Since Greta has been fighting a sick, we remained absurdly decked out in our living room and watched Young Frankenstein and ate another one of Kent's chili creations. (fewer spicy peppers, Guinness instead of Dos Equis, more chocolate, and ground meat instead of cubed...overall two thumbs up!)

We got a little antsy later on and went over to our friends house to peek at the other costumes and play a little Rock Band.
And now I have a case of the 'day afters'. You know, the day after your birthday, or the day after Christmas when the tree is bare and all the hub bub is over and often you think...that was a lot of work for just a day?
So now I'm looking at my costume and weighing the idea of just keeping it on! Just keeping it on for as long as it takes for me to get my years worth of happy anticipation out of it.
Maybe just one more night?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has to be said, this is the cutest blog yet! And our little Greta Yoda couldn't be sweeter. She reminded me of her Mommy not too many years ago. I love you all!
Mom

NuclearToast said...

AWESOME! You guys look like you're straight out of the movie!

And cute Greta is, yes!

simplyMae said...

I LOVE your Halloween wears!!! You all looked so great and I love Greta as yoda :)