Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Holidays (after the fact)

The holidays are over and I feel oddly relieved. It is time to de-clutter, dust, and set our lives to rights for a brand new year.
We had such a good Christmas (if anyone even cares a week after the fact.) We feasted in jolly paper hats at my mom's house and enjoyed the comforts only a mom can bring to a holiday. Aren't mothers the best? Food is better cooked by them, boo-boo's (no matter how minor or made up) are better soothed and sheets are softer in the beds of their houses.
So we enjoyed these comforts and then scooted Christmas day over to my dad's. He shares a birthday with Jesus and proper respects were to be paid on both accounts.
Aren't dad's the best?
No one's driving is safer, knows more about fix-its and warranties, and is better at instilling calm where a woman wants to instill riles.
So we enjoyed these comforts then scooted over to my granny and grandpa's for what is always "The best meal I've ever eaten" and a lovely chat.
New years was equally nice as we just hunkered down at our house to play poker with friends and eat and drink the new year in, leaving the parties and reckless driving to other more brave/foolish people.
And Welcome 2010! I have been looking forward to you. Partially because it felt like 2009 was 2,000 and 9 years long (comes from having a now one year old I suspect.) and also because I think it has a classy ring to it.
I look forward to your offerings.

No comments: