Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Corporate Christmas

Yesterday Kent and I went to our very first office Christmas Party.
It's probably silly that I got so excited about our First Corporate Christmas experience but I get excited about things most people don't: airplane food (it's always such a tiny surprise!), eating when people are sleeping (night cheese), toast....hmm I'm seeing a pattern here. Upon further thought I think the food was cause for most of my excitement....and if I stretch my memory a little further I do remember saying "There will be FOOD there!" as my initial response when Kent told me about the Windows Christmas Party.
Why am I not 500 lbs?
Anyway, it was a fun chance to get all gussied up and wear something I wouldn't wear in front of my friends.
We even bought Kent a whole Handsome Man outfit *including tiny tie for the occasion...raor.

And there WAS food! Since the party was for the whole Windows division they rented out the Seattle Convention Center. There were 9 different rooms with various themes and live bands. My favorite was the 20's inspired speakeasy...love that music! (also that room had beef).
There was a room with a mean 80's cover band, but the award for best theme in my opinion was the International room. They had large tents set up with couches, and settees where you could sit and play board games and eat Pho which was a welcome sight to me as my fabulous heels didn't feel so fabulous by the end of the night. It ended up that we didn't meet anyone that Kent remotely recognised (except for one!), but we spent a lovely evening anyways drinking free drinks and scavenging for food.
No awkward introductions, no laughing at the bosses jokes, or any of the things I came to expect from watching sitcoms.
Not a bad First Corporate Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

skirst you are the prettiest. ever! i miss you!

xo, Meg

Anonymous said...

Kirstie Girl, I have NEVER had this experience before, but when I saw that picture of you all dressed up, my heart jumped because when I saw your face and hair I thought you had put up a picture of me from high school. No kidding! Those were the days, you look fabulous darling!

xo,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Night cheese! Bah ha! Working on your night cheese in a Slanket? :o)

-Diana

Lindsey said...

Two things:

You looked HOT at your first corporate christmas party.

and

I bet Kent was super excited about the board game room :)

Sounds like a lot of fun! You know where my office Christmas party was last year? A bowling alley. That's right...complete with cardbaord-esque pizza and cheap wine! Now that's the life...