Monday, September 22, 2008

Registered

So we went ahead and registered today!
I have been kind of squeamish about doing it before because it feels so presumptuous. Like "Hey get us things!" But, we have been getting a lot of questions about what we have and don't have, as well as what we like, so hopefully this will be a nice way to get that all out there.
Right now we are registered at Target.com. We have just started adding things so it will be a work in progress. And really I can't think of where else we should go to register. Can you?

Places I wish I could register at include:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Top Pot (that one's for me)

But all you moms/friends-that-are-moms, do let me know what is missing off my list and what you have found to be fabulous! I'm new in the club and the idea of registering for things like a breast pump still scares the bajeezas out of me. So I would love to hear what you have to say.
It has been so fun the last little bit to go over all the little clothes and shoes we have and think about how in 3 months they won't be empty! EEP!
Well, I had better give it a rest, tomorrow I am going on a H&M pilgrimage in efforts to find the perfect diaper bag. I will need to be rested and of sound mind and body.
G' Night!
p.s. The Barley went woosh! yesterday for the first time. You know when they don't just kick, but they go woosh! and drag their little feets from one corner to the next...well it was just like that... woosh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Skirst...I'm so happy! I just love little baby things. Remember the times when I would gander at baby things in stores even though I (still) don't have a baby! Ahh...sad, really. ANYHOO, even though I am without child, I like to think of myself as a seasoned wanna-be mom. SO, my recommendations are: a baby thermometer (possibly one of those nifty ear ones so you don't have to traumatize Greta.), also little baby nail clippers...so cute and they won't hurt her delicate little fingers and toes, lots of diapers and bath goods (because those are expensive and hey...lets be honest, if someone else is going to buy 'em, stock up!), a pillow cover for the boppy then if you get spills and/or spit up on it you don't have to wash the whole pillow and risk it losing its "boppy" shape, Also...there are these really cool rubber ducky bath toys with a little patch on the plastic that senses when the water is too hot for the baby to take a dip. Hmmm...what else? I'll let you know if I think of something, but for now...that's all I've got. I SOOOO wish that I could be near you for all of this. Imagine how much fun I would have actually being able to shop with you and stuff! I'm ridiculous. Anyway, I love you lots and lots and I can't wait to see Greta's sweet face.

Anonymous said...

ooo, ooo! I thought of some other things! :) I'm bored, can you tell?

I know you said you don't want to take up a lot of space, but there is a baby swing which is very compact. We had one in the nursery at Brentwood and it works and serves the same purpose as a swing, but you can set it anywhere (floor, tabletop, etc.) and then it fold up nicely. It's alos very portable so if you go somewhere you can bring it along. What about a carseat and stroller? Those take a space but you know, they're kind of a thing you have to have. I suppose you don't NEED a stroller, but a carseat definitely! Click-it or ticket, Greta! :) Sorry if I am being ridiculous, but I am just sooooo excited about Greta. I love her to pieces and she isn't even here yet!:) Ummm...what about some of those adorable little baby towels with hoods? soft little washcloths? onsies? blankets? PS...I love the sock-shoes that you registered for. GENIUS.

AHH! I miss you! :(

*This is Juice, by the way.

Anonymous said...

a baby monitor?

Ok...seriously. I'm done.

But don't be mad if I'm not:)

Anonymous said...

Pacifiers and those cute little baby mittens that you put on so they don't scratch their face when they are very little:)

It's Juice again, by the way.

Lissa Van Gorkom said...

Hi Kirsten!! Don't believe everything Babies R Us tells you about what you "need" to register for.

And talk to me about breast pumps. Not in a creepy way...I know that sounds a little weird. Anyway, talk to me about it. :)

Lissa